Do you have a specific spot you need advice on? Purchase a video review session!
This service gets you help and advice for specific issues while being cheaper and more flexible than private lessons.
Note: Video Review is designed to get you some help with baton technique. I’m happy to advise on rehearsal
technique or overall musical issues, but my ability to help with these issues can sometimes be limited by the
quality of the audio. For baton technique, the audio quality is much less critical.
How it works:
- Purchase a Video Review HERE
- Take a 5 minute video of yourself (your phone is perfectly adequate for this) conducting a passage that you’re struggling with.
- Upload the video to YouTube as an unlisted video.
- Email me the link for your video AND specific questions and description of what you’re struggling with. This will let me know how best to help you. (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
USE SUBJECT LINE: “Video Review”
- I will review the video and your questions. Then I’ll send you feedback within 7 days.
- I’ll be happy to answer one set of follow-up questions, or set up a private lesson if you want to discuss.
The view should be of your front and make sure I can see your upper body, hands and face clearly.
The sound can be from the build in mic on your camera/phone. If you want advice about rehearsal technique or musical issues like balance, then a higher quality microphone or even synching the audio and video would be advisable (this is just more work for you).
Submitting the video:
Upload the video as “unlisted” on YouTube and send me the link.
Be precise in the questions you send. Let me know how I can help you so that I can focus my feedback on the issues you want addressed.